4 Layer Reusable Bamboo Face Mask with Valve
Washable 4 layer reusable bamboo face mask with valve and filters for adults, non-medical grade. The fabric face masks are developed in accordance to World Health Organisation guidelines and AFNOR specifications.
- Now officially tested (read more here) and scientifically proven to be more efficient at filtering out airborne particles than one-time use surgical masks. Filtering efficiency increases by more than 30% when paired with our PM 2.5 filters. Testing done in partnership with Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London
- Our masks get better at filtering particles with use! It has been scientifically proven that the less porous composition of our masks helps their filtering efficiency triple after the second and third use, reaching a rate 25% higher than single-use surgical masks and continuously increasing with wear.
- Unique fabrication from premium quality, certified bamboo, RPET and bio-based elastane. Developed in accordance with WHO face masks advice with hydrophobic outer layer and hydrophilic inner layer.
- Double organic filtration media
- Machine washable at 60°C and guaranteed to last at 30+ washes. Can be tumble dried
- Unisex, designed to fit both male and female; adjustable ties and nose bridge
- 100% hypoallergenic, naturally anti-odour and antibacterial, sensitive-skin friendly; no irritation with prolonged wear
- Mask can be comfortably worn for 8h, but official guidelines recommend alternating the mask every 4h of wear. We recommend washing after every wear
- Very breathable with thermal/cooling properties. Extra breathability and comfort with valve
- Environmentally-friendly and sustainable alternative to cotton face masks
- 2x PM 2.5 filters included with each mask (recommended for high-risk environments). The 4 layer reusable bamboo face mask can be safely worn without filters as well. Filters are not washable, should be replaced every full 24h of use. Purchase additional filters here.
- Masks measure approx 16.5cm x 22cm and are designed to fit majority S-L faces. XL-XXL versions of this mask (developed to also be beard-friendly) available here. For kids size click here.
- Our 4 layer reusable bamboo face masks are always made to order and produced in our own green London studio
- B2B/Corporate contracts available. Please email email@example.com or contact us here for bulk discount
P.S. In our attempt to reduce packaging we will package 2-3 masks per each individual bag, depending on order quantity. If you require each mask to come in separate packaging, please contact us after placing the order.
Details and Fit
Perfect Fit and Comfort Every Time #SafeWithADKN
Our reusable bamboo face mask is the perfect size for both men and women and ensures a snug fit as a result of the adjustable nose bridge and adjustable elastic ear loops. Snug fit ensures very little to no misting on glasses
- No chemicals used in the production of the fabric
- Composition: 70% bamboo, 17% RPET, 10% Tencel and 3% Bio-based Spandex cloth (disregard packaging composition as it reflects an outdated version of this product - we just don't like waste so we're reusing the bags :) )
PLEASE NOTE: No returns are accepted on this item for obvious hygiene reasons.
Truth Behind the Price
Research, Design, Patterns and Prototypes
Research; Designing concept; Sourcing of materials; Approval of suppliers; Pattern drafting; First prototypes; Fittings and amendments
Materials & Accessories; Shipping and Customs
Mix of bamboo and RPET inner and outer layer; bamboo and tencel double inner filter media; Recycled PET thread; Carbon-efficient shipping of materials; Custom duties; Forwarder and carbon-neutral logistics fees
First samples with final material; Fitting and amendments; Final fitting; Production of masks; Quality check; High ethical and safety standards; Top-notch energy efficient machines and technology; Fair wages
Packaging and Shipping
100% recycled PET shipping bags; All packaging is 100% recyclable. Delivered carbon-neutral or otherwise offset.
From the profit, ADKN pays employees, business rates, utilities, miscellaneous expenses and rent and invests in marketing and development of the brand.
NON-MEDICAL GRADE REUSABLE FOUR LAYER WASHABLE FACE MASKS WITH FILTER FROM BAMBOO CLOTH FOR ADULTS. MASKS ARE DEVELOPED IN ACCORDANCE TO WHO GUIDELINES AND AFNOR SPECIFICATIONS.
The masks are made from a mix of bamboo and RPET cloth fabric (hydrophilic inner and hydrophobic outer layer) and double filtration media (bamboo and tencel), a better and more environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional cotton face masks. Our unique design and technology ensures the masks are very breathable, water and splash resistant, hypoallergenic and antibacterial, inhibiting the growth of bacteria and minimising the risk of irritation on sensitive skin with prolonged wear. Our bamboo is specifically designed to have high thermal properties which means the masks will keep you cool and comfortable. The valve increases the breathability factor and reduces condensation that would form from breathing.
4 Layer Unique Design - Sensitive Skin Friendly
Uniquely developed blend of bamboo, RPET and tencel. A very breathable reusable mask with a water-resistant outer layer, a double filter and a water resistant inner layer. 100% chemical-free, antibacterial and hypoallergenic fabrication.
- high breathability factor and O2 intake of 100% with mask on
- no fromaldehyde nor decomposable carcinogenic arylamine dye detectable
- latex and nickel free
- pH 6.7 and odourless fabrication
- overall fastness (washing, rubbing, light, saliva, perspiration) 4-5
- valve (optional) is situated inside the pocket (under the inner water-absorbent layer) and has an extra inner filter to ensure all air exhaled is still filtered. Valve helps reduce condensation
High Thermal Properties
Our reusable face masks are designed to have high thermal qualities, meaning they'll keep you cool and comfortable.
Complimentary Extra Filters
Each mask comes with 2 PM 2.5 filters (carbon-activated). These filters are not washable and should be replaced every 2 weeks or sooner if used for longer periods of time at once (16-24 hours).
Our unique 4 Layer fabrication ensures the masks are efficient on their own and we recommend the PM 2.5 filters to be used when in a high-risk environment.
The filters come in a separate package and can easily be inserted into the mask when needed, fitting snugly yet comfortably inside the special pocket.
Ethically Sourced and Produced
Reusable face masks produced in our own green studio in London, UK following strict ethical and sustainable standards.
All masks are sustainably made to order in true slow fashion style to avoid resource waste. The environmental contribution with the purchase of a single mask (approximate):
- 800 liters of water saved
- 0.7 kg of CO2 reduced
- 2.8 Kwh saved
- 1.2 2L post-consumer PET bottles recycled
Best practice while wearing this (or any mask) according to European guidelines:
- Store in an air-tight bag/container
- Do not share masks
- Masks should not be worn for longer than 4 hours at a time; alternate masks if longer wear is required
- Wash hands with soap and warm water before touching the mask
- Make sure the mask fits tightly around your face, do not leave any gaps. Tighten the ties and adjust nose bridge
- Avoid touching your face even if you are wearing a mask and try not to fiddle with the mask once it's on
From all of us at ADKN, please stay safe and make sure all your loved ones are healthy and safe. Together we can make it through!